For ages, hemp (cannabis sativa) has been a valued plant. Its uses include insulation, fuel, rope, food, medicine, and hemp seed oil. Hemp oil contains essential fatty acids, vitamin E, alpha-linolenic acid, and gamma-linoleic acid.
Hemp oil has become increasingly popular recently, with many people turning to it for its many purported health benefits – but what exactly is hemp oil, what are the benefits, and is hemp oil beneficial? We tackle those questions and more in this article, and by the end, you should have a better idea of whether or not hemp oil is right for you.
What is hemp oil?
Hemp oil has been getting a lot of attention in recent years. It’s an oil derived from the hemp plant, and hemp is a type of cannabis sativa. Hemp oil is purported to have many health benefits, including helping with weight loss, lowering cholesterol, and improving memory – but are these claims true? Here’s what we know about hemp oil.
Hemp oil is manufactured from the hemp plant’s seeds, Cannabis sativa. Unlike marijuana, hemp plants do not contain the psychoactive agent tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), which is the substance that causes marijuana users to get high. Hemp oil contains nutrients that the body can use to help regulate proper health. Hemp oil contains essential fatty acids, such as omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, which the body cannot produce. A lack of these two nutrients can cause a variety of health problems.
Benefits of Hemp oil
Hemp oil is having a bit of a renaissance lately. Hemp, a member of the cannabis family, is like marijuana, but it’s legal and used to make things. Hemp oil has been touted for thousands of years for its many benefits, and it’s only recently that it’s become popular again. In recent years, a growing number of people have turned to the wonders of hemp oil to manage certain conditions, including anxiety, inflammation, and chronic pain. Here are some of its benefits:
- Lower Blood Pressure: Hemp oil contains higher levels of Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids than conventional vegetable oils. The omega-3 fatty acids in the hemp oil help to lower triglyceride levels and blood pressure. This, in turn, can help prevent heart attacks, strokes, and heart disease. Due to the high content of gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) in hemp oil, it also helps to regulate blood clotting and the formation of blood clots.
- Reduce pain: There is a range of benefits of hemp oil, including its anti-inflammatory properties, analgesic qualities, and antioxidant properties. But this herb is also known for reducing pain in the body. Hemp oil has been used for thousands of years to treat various ailments and is reputed to aid in reducing or eliminating pain. Studies have found that hemp oil can be useful in treating chronic pain conditions such as arthritis, muscle pain, nerve pain, and rheumatism.
- Reduce inflammation: If you have a chronic inflammatory condition, like rheumatoid arthritis or inflammatory bowel disease, then CBD oil may be able to help you. CBD oil contains omega fatty acids, which can reduce swelling and pain. CBD oil also has been shown to reduce inflammation in the brain, which could help treat neurodegenerative diseases like multiple sclerosis and Alzheimer’s.
- Treat Epilepsy: Hemp seed oil is a non-psychotropic oil made from hemp seeds. The oil contains very little THC (the psychoactive compound in cannabis), making it perfectly legal in the United States. Medical marijuana is prescribed to patients to treat a variety of conditions. Hemp seed oil is a more natural and safer way of treating epilepsy.
- Promotes good mood: Hemp oil, also known as cannabis oil, is a cannabis derivative made from a hemp plant. Unlike marijuana, hemp is a weed that’s legal to grow and use in every state, and it doesn’t contain the THC compound that activates the mind-altering process known as “the high.” However, hemp oil does contain CBD, a non-psychoactive compound that works as a serotonin-boosting antidepressant. It’s for this reason that hemp oil has become a popular supplement among people who experience anxiety, depression, and insomnia.
How safe is hemp oil?
So, you’ve decided CBD oil may be the answer you’ve been looking for. Whether you’re using it to treat a chronic condition like anxiety and insomnia, or you’re just looking for a natural alternative to over-the-counter pain medication, you’ve probably heard good things about hemp oil. But are hemp oil products safe?
The legalization of marijuana is sweeping the nation. Even some state governors are pushing for the relaxation of cannabis laws. Cannabis, the botanical name for marijuana, is technically a weed. Still, hemp is different: it’s a type of cannabis that contains low levels of THC, the compound that makes marijuana users feel high. Hemp is a fibrous plant typically used to make everything from rope and paper to clothing. While hemp was recently legalized in the United States, some lawmakers are still wary of the potential health impacts of smoking or ingesting it.